The Defense Human Resource Activity (DHRA) and the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) announced an FY18 grant notice on October 20, 2017, in support of the Troops to Teachers program.
The intention of this Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) is for the receipt of proposals related to the Troops to Teachers Program for the purpose of recruiting eligible current and former members of the armed forces for participation in the TTT Program and facilitating the employment of participants as elementary school teachers, secondary school teachers, and career or technical teachers.
Total amount of funding available for grants resulting from this announcement is $5,000,000.00. The minimum amount for awards recommended under this BAA is $100,000.00. The maximum amount for awards recommended under this BAA is $400,000.00. The closing date for applications is January 26, 2018.
Visit the following website to view all documents relating to the grant opportunity, https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=troops%20to%20teachers
Troops to Teachers (TTT) Program Vision
Every service member interested in a career in teaching will receive transition assistance to help apply his/her skills, leadership, training and core values to a teaching position in kindergarten through grade 12 schools.
TTT Program Mission
- Assist transitioning service members with meeting the requirements necessary to become teachers
- Assist program participants with finding employment as a teacher when eligible
TTT Program Goals
- Reduce veteran unemployment
- Improve American education by providing motivated, experienced and dedicated personnel for employment in the nation’s classrooms
- Increase the number of male and minority teachers in the nation’s classrooms
- Address teacher shortage issues in K-12 schools that serve low-income families and in the critical subjects of math, science and special education